Thursday, July 23, 2009
Taken Too Soon
This week started out on a sad note. Eight months ago I found an old High School friend on Facebook. I was so thrilled to see her again. She accepted my friend request, and shortly after I got a request from her husband. He also graduated w/ us and is in charge of reunion stuff so I accepted it. I then got a note from him, saying that he'd be communicating for Julie, because she has brain cancer, and has for more then a year, and asked that I come see them and bring the family. I told them I was back east but that I was planning on making the trip out that way in March. I did manage to visit them, even though I feared I wouldn't make it because I was so sick when I got there, that I postponed our initial visit. They have a beautiful family, their youngest was not yet born when the cancer was discovered. It was sad to see so much of the brilliant person I knew in high school gone. She remembered bits and pieces and had trouble communicating, but it was still good I got to visit w/ them again. On Sunday I forgot to print something and out of habit I checked Facebook. I saw that she had stopped eating and was drinking very little, death was imminent. It made it hard to get through my church lesson, but I did, and a few hours after I got home I saw the message on Facebook. She had passed away in the couple of minutes he left her side. Rest in Peace Julie, I know you are free from the pain you experienced in this life. May God continue to bless your family during this time of sorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your friend, May God bless her family and friends as they grieve.
Post a Comment