Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to Dance

After a nice summer break, dance started back up. Naomi has been eager to start up again. This is year 3 for here. This is also her 3rd studio. She still wants to do tap, but her old studio doesn't off tap at her age group, just ballet, and if they did offer it it would have been back to back w/ ballet and that was just too much for a 5 yr old, so I went looking for another studio. I found one, that will give us what we need AND is a little cheaper. There is a family discount for 2 or more students in the same family. Another plus is they'll take Sariah now instead of in January when she's 3 1/2 and I just don't see her waiting any longer. She's already upset that she can't go to school, so this will give her something to do. When it was time for her to go with her class, Sariah barely gave me a passing glance and off she went. She told me she had LOTS of fun. Naomi wasn't sure she'd like jazz and baton in addition to tap and ballet, but she told me tonight that she really likes it, even if she didn't think she would. Wednesday nights are going to be long, their classes are back to back instead of the same time. So, including travel time we are gone foe 2 1/2 hours. Despite the long time at the studio I think it's going to be a great year.

Leaving for dance.


Just before class. I thought about getting one of Naomi just before her class started but by that point there were too many people to take a good picture. I'll have to get one next week.

1 comment:

Janet said...

The picture of the two of them is soo precious! I LOVE it! It will be a long night, but I bet it's worth it. I Love dance!