Sunday, August 3, 2008

August 3, 1973. 7:31 PM

As you may have guess from the title - today is my birthday. 35 yrs ago I was born to Barbara and Gary. I was their 2nd child, having lost a baby boy 10 mos earlier. Photobucket
Three more brothers and sisters soon followed. We moved around a lot and at 13 my parents divorced. At 15 my dad got custody due to my moms mental illness. I graduated from college and went to Southern Utah U. There I met my husband through a mutual friend who was serving an LDS mission in Oregon. We wrote while he was serving his mission and I finished school. I got a degree in History Education. We got married in 1999, four years and 1 miscarriage later our first was born and 2 1/2 years later Sariah arrived. Then Ds job took us to PA where we currently reside.
As I think on this day wondering where I would be at age 35 - it's not quite how I invisioned it all. But looking back, I cant say I would change any of it. All the ups and downs life delt brought me to this point. I have a great, supportive husband and two gorgeous, smart daughters. I wouldn't change it for anything. Could life be easier - of course, we're getting there. It will be interesting to see what the next 35 yrs will bring.

No comments: