Friday, August 15, 2008

A Two Week Diversion

Is it a coincidence that the Olympics and the Presidential election occur the same year? If that wasn't the intent, it's great that it is. After all the ugly politics that have been going on for the last 8 months it's nice to have something to take your mind off it all before the convention - The Olympics. Another reason to stay up past midnight to watch swimming or gymnastics, rather than election returns. Countries coming together under the spirit of sportsmanship. While there will always be suspicion of cheating, and some will be caught and some will be suspected, I think our politicians should follow their example and realize that while their methods may be different they really want what best for the country and should focus on that with less slamming each other

Another good thing about the Olympics, I can talk my kids into watching swimming much easier than convincing them to watch election coverage. 9 more days and then it's back to ugly.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I LOVE the Olympics and have enjoyed watching them so much. The summer games are my favorite, and I am sad it will be 4 years before I can see them again!