My first task was to hang curtains in the living room and dining room. Why is that such a simple task can go so terribly wrong? Also note to home builders. IF you are installing a large picture window, an odd number of windows in a row, a oversized sliding glass doors, find center, and put a 2x4 there, so that when someone is hanging curtains there is a stud for the screws, because to cover that much window, it's going to be heavy. I need to plaster the wall now. The other window, the curtains are actually a little shorter then the window. I had to get a very specific rod to handle the weight of the curtains, and fit the space. BUT, when I put them in, I found that I couldn't fit the rail into the pocket, so I had to go out and buy hooks. Grrrr. This raised the curtains taller then the window. However, if I bought the next longer size they'd cover the heating vents, so that wouldn't work. Eventually we got them hung. It's nice to no longer live in a fish bowl.







No comments:
Post a Comment