Sunday, January 24, 2010
Speaking in Church
I usually have no problems speaking in front of small groups of children and/or adults, but when it comes to speaking in front of the ENTIRE congregation scares me to death. Last week the 1st counselor in our bishopric cornered me at church and asked if I would speak. I couldn't come up w/ a good excuse to say no, so I agreed. This is the 4th time I've been asked to speak since we've moved to PA, and the first time I was actually able to do it. The first time, I came down w/ a horrible headache, and couldn't get out of bed. The 2nd time I was moving that weekend. In an attempt to be sneaky, they then asked if I would be available in 3 month to speak then. I had to turn them down, because I was going to be gone the entire month of March. I thought that after 3 tries, they'd just give up, but no. My topic was teaching children to love the Lord. It must have been good, because lots of people came up and told me so. I get so nervous, I have little memory of the whole ordeal. The 2nd couns in the bishopric thought I should give talks more often. I laughed and told him good luck catching me again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment