Saturday, April 4, 2009

1/2 off of our dinner - but not for good reasons.

Today we went to Applebee's for D's birthday. Applebee's is nice because it's right by the mall and we jsut walk over after dinner so the kids can play in the play area. Tonight's dinner was a disaster. We ordered an appitizer and we waited and waited. I even took Sariah to the bathroom (No, she's not potty trained, she just wants to sit on the potty and wash her hands) and came back and it still wasn't there. Finally our server brought out two plates - one was mine, but the other CLEARLY wasn't D's. We tell him it's wrong. He goes back to change it, and get our appiteziers but D tells him to cancel his order. We are STILL waiting for the girls salads. They are so hungry they eat my vegis. We finally get the girls salads, but no forks. So, I had to go up to the front desk for utinsels. I am pissed by this point so I ask for a manager. I explain that we come here a lot, but this was by far the worst service we've ever had. He takes my order off the ticket and gives us free deserts. I still gave him a tip, but on the adjusted amount. Being a former waitress I am just too nice sometimes. I also know he has to pay taxes on what he's supposed to get for a tip, not what he actually gets.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Lyns said...

Umm--I never paid taxes on what I was supposed to make on tips because tips are NOT guaranteed. I only paid on what I actually made. Especially in Utah where people are the CHEAPEST tippers ever. I swear the mentality here is "The Lord gets 10% why should my server get more?" You are a lot nicer than I would have been. I wouldn't have left anything.

Jenny/Moravia said...

Lyns - when I was a server at Dee's we had to add up all of our checks for the night and declare 10% as income. Whether or not we actually had 10% in our pocket.

Amanda said...

Oh, that sucks. I hate, hate, HATE bad service!