Saturday, October 11, 2008
Living in a battleground state
OK, as CRAZY as this might sound, but I wish I was still living in Utah during this election cycle. UT is a VERY red state so neither candidate spends a lot of money there - dramatically reducing the number of ads from either side. So you get more local candidates, which by this stage of the game I am more interested in anyway. Now I live in the battleground state of PA. Now even though current polls have landed PA squarely in the blue column, that doesn't mean either candidate isn't done trying. The attack ads are just appalling and it's just a constant barrage of them. Of course 4 weeks before the election we no longer have directv and dvr. I missed it so much that I can't record something and watch it later so I can fast forward through the commercials. I hope the next 3 1/2 weeks goes by really fast because the mute button on the remote is getting worn out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I must say that having a chaotic life keeps me away from tv which at times is sad bc I miss my shows but during election time i *love* that I'm missing all the BS.
That's also a benefit of living in Utah- no campaign ads for president. They're not going to waste money here. ;)
Post a Comment