Less then 12 hours after our visit to the vet our little kitten passed away. I've been putting this post off, it's been really hard on our family. She died the day my dad and brother arrived from UT. It was a crazy day, but I kept checking in on her, making sure she was ok. D went to check on her before he left for the store and she was ok - I went in not 20 mins later to give her her meds. I picked her up and went into the kitchen to get a paper towel, when I noticed she wasn't moving. I put her back into her bed - covered her up, and called D. He came home and went to get a shovel. He buried her before the girls were the wiser. In the morning when the found out they were hysterical. Naomi was inconsolable, though her sweet sister tried. Sariah gave Naomi a hug and said that "kitty was sick". It was heartbreaking to hear. Chocolate world kept their minds off it for a while, but later Naomi cried herself to sleep. I just curled up next to her, and let her cry, when I got up she was out. She still gets sad when she thinks about her. Today in church she drew a picture of her kitten and hugged it. Another kitten/cat will be in our future, not sure when, but we'll get another kitten.
RIP Nox - you were a joy to have during this short time.







4 comments:
I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty. There is a great book about the loss of a family cat called, "The Tenth Good Thing About Barney" It helped our girls greatly when we lost our cat.
Aww I'm so sorry! I def. think you should get the girls a new (healthy) kitty soon. I'm sure it would take their minds off of Knox. How sweet of Sariah to console Naomi like that!
Oh, that's so sad!
that is incredibly heart breaking. I am so sorry, losing pets, for some people (ahem, ME) is like losing family. Hugs to your family.
Post a Comment