Was a complete and utter disappointment. It was to run today between 2 and 7, food, games, entertainment, etc. It was also billed as a way for community organizations to let parents know what resources are available. Ok - that's cool. We couldn't be there when it first started because D wanted to attend, so we went at 5:30 when he got home form work. When we got there we were hand list of organizations and was told that if we got 15 to fill it out we'd be entered in a drawing. - UM - No thanks. When we walked in the gym many of the groups had closed up, so we went to the cafeteria where we found them cleaning up, and were informed that the food was "long gone" Eh, no biggy. We then decided to take a tour of the school to find Naomi's class. We found it, an open door with no one inside. Now, when I talked to the super attendant I was told teachers should be there. No sign of a teacher anywhere. So we gave ourselves the tour and left. I seriously wanted to cry. Has my degree and experience in education left me with too high of expectations, or are we in real trouble in this school district. I fear it's going to be a VERY long nine months.
On the up side that I forgot to mention yesterday. Naomi got her mini report card for Jump Start, and she knows, all 10 shapes, 12 colors (that they tested her on) can count to 110 and recognize numbers 1 - 20 (but they were only testing to 10) And all upper and lower case letters. Her teacher also commented that she is a "very good student, and enjoyed having her in their class." It's nothing less then what I expect of her. I am very proud of her accomplishments.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Counting to 110!! You go girl!
Post a Comment