Saturday, August 22, 2009

Penpals or Reviving a Dying Art

I got this idea off a kindergarten - graduation group on BabyCenter.com. Penpals. I thought it was a great idea. So while I threw our name in the ring, I asked a bunch of other ladies I've been chatting with, also on Baby Center about hooking up our kids as pen pals. About 6 of us have kindergarten aged children so we exchanged addresses. We got our first letter the other day and today we got our letters sent out. There were a lot at first, so Naomi told me what she wanted to say, and I wrote them. CC'd to everyone in the group. With the understanding that once the letters started coming in, she'd have to do the replying. I love that they are practicing their writing skills, and meeting kids in other parts of the country. So far she's enjoying it.

1 comment: