After much confusion, we hit the road to our third state in as many weeks - Idaho. I have an aunt and uncle on both sides of the family who live in a small (but growing) town called Preston. My purpose for going was to get genealogy info from my moms sister. She's got binders and binders of information. But, due to circumstances beyond our control, we only got a handfull of pictures of my ancestors. But, a great find it was though. Great, 2 Great, and 3 Great grandfathers/mothers. We spent the night with my dads brother and sister-in-law then went back to my mom's sister's house to get copies of the pictures she found. Then headed for the long drive (2 hours) back to Utah.
When we got home we spent the even helping my dad, sister and brother-in-law get the girls room ready. They are spending the night at Grandpas - two nights actually. Naomi cried before I left. That was unusual to say the least for her. But, I reassured her that grandpa would be taking good care of her, and if she really needed me to have grandpa call me and I would come over. That seemed to work and she was soon fast asleep. Poor kids, they have slept in 5 different places in the time we've been away.
Note to self - traveling w/ a child who has sleep issues to mulitiple destinations is ill advised. It makes for a stressful time all around




No comments:
Post a Comment