Have you ever noticed how life puts things into perspective? I often hear "I've had the worst day ever!" And when you ask what was so terrible, you do a double blink and think "Ok, what's so bad about that?" It's even more mind boggling when you have know this person for a long time, and you can think of a few things that would qualify as much worse. I have a few "worse days" That have forced me to put my life into a different point of view. My mother died when I was 21, and it was on the evening news. Luckily we didn't find out that way, but it was the only day living w/ my dad that the news was off during dinner. The next bad day was my miscarriage, and my husband couldn't be at the hospital w/ me because he was taking a final. It was also a couple of weeks before Christmas. The next was three weeks after I had Sariah. I was hemorrhaging really bad and I needed two units of blood and an emergency D&C at 3am. So, when I have a bad, frustrating day, I avoid using the phrase "I've had the worst day ever!" Maybe the worse day that week, but not in the grand timeline of my life.
I have also realized, more so this week, that we are truly blessed. I have a great husband who has a great job, that allows us to buy a home and me to stay at home w/ the girls. We have a few luxuries, like cell phones, and satellite. Naomi can take dance (that's a whole other post) and we'll be able to have Sariah take dance as well this fall. The girls are healthy, and though I wish I were healthier I seem to be doing better. We have a good life, I wish I was closer to family some days. I can't complain, especially during such a hard time in our country's history.
From the wise woman in
The Sad Dad "It could be worse!"
1 comment:
Thanks for that post. I really needed to read that today.
Post a Comment