Friday, February 6, 2009

Science Shows for Kids

Science on TV has come a long way since I was in school, the only option available for the early elementary years that I remember was 3 - 2 - 1 Contact. Nothing really to get excited over or inspire. I vaguely remember watching Mr. Wizard in my 7th grade Science class. MathNET came on around that time too. Today there are so many options, and my girls love them! Their favorites are Curious George, Magic School Bus, Cyberchase, Sid the Science Kid,  Big Big World, and our absolute favorite Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman.  I know girls are naturally drawn to language and arts, but I hope my girls excel in Math and Science too, because I was never very good at them.
Photobucket
My girls are very curious about how things work, and at one point we thought Naomi would grow up to study bugs. I hope their love for Science continues to grow and not think it's uncool to be smart. 
Photobucket
I am happy to see more shows about math and science on TV we are so far behind the rest of the developed world I hope it inspires more kids into the field.

No comments: