Friday, January 16, 2009

I am so not a morning person!

Ugh, why can't I get myself going in the morning? I've always been a night owl. It was always easier to stay of late and get something done then it was to wake up early to do it. Not even taking Early Morning Seminary in High School helped, but for some reason I was awake for that class, but was passing out in my first class of the day.

In college I tried to get most of my classes later in the day, but always had to have a class at 9am - a very popular time to have a class - but a twice I had to have a class at 8am. It was such a drag getting myself to class. I was always up late hanging out with friends, doing home work, MUDding (think WOW in text form - the earliest online RPGs)

Though you'd think the last occupation a night owl would choose is a teacher. I did fine for my long term subbing assignments and daily sub jobs, but I never really warmed up until 2nd or third period.

I even married a night owl. Which was good, because when we first got married late at night was the only time we actually saw each other. Then for about 6 months we worked at the same place with the same schedule. Working from 4pm to 1am. That was nice.

Then Naomi came along and before we knew we realized we had an early bird on our hands. She'd get very cranky at you if she wasn't in bed by 8pm and is always an early riser. Today she'll occasionally stay up late to read and went through a spell when she had a hard time sleeping, but now she's back to sleeping before 9pm. Her only problem now is her sister. Who is definately our child. She's also a night owl. Getting her to sleep at night is such a pain. She just wants to play and play and doesn't understand why her sister just wants to sleep.

Even though my kids are up early I still have a hard time getting up in the morning. I also feel like a sloth in the morning, but by 11am I start to get moving. I think I may end up as one of those moms who get up to get the kids up, fed, dressed and out the door for school and then go back to bed. I hope I can be more productive then that though.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Janet said...

Gosh, I hear ya! I am such a night owl and really don't like getting up in the mornings! That is too funny about your girls being on different schedules. Kade can stay up late, and generally likes to sleep in. I haven't figured MK out yet. I wish we could add an hour to each night. Wouldn't that be nice to get an extra hour of sleep every night!!?

Meagan said...

I hear ya! I am totally a night owl. My hubby is a morning person, like he wakes up at 4:30 or 5am, just to get stuff done, like bills, cleaning, laundry, or he heads to work early. WHAT? Crazy. His mom grew up on a farm and when he was living at home they had to do their chores BEFORE school, not after. So, I guess it made him a morning person. I won't complain since he usually lets me sleep & he's a great cleaner and very helpful, but I did inform him that HE is in charge of instilling that same habit in our kids-- he can get them up to do chores since I will be sleeping in! HA HA HA... think that will work?

Anonymous said...

Wow, me too. The best time of day for me to sleep, the time of day when I get the most RESTFUL sleep is between 4AM-Noon. Which is NOT good with children! I actually LOVE mornings, I just wish I were awake enough to enjoy them!