We got up and got the kids ready for church, got my stuff printed for my monthly lesson and just made it in time for Sunday school. My lesson went well and it just seemed like a normal Sunday except that I needed to prepare my message for the teachers meeting we were having later that evening.
We got home and I put soup on like I normally do, Clam Chowder no water needed. After lunch I go to wash the pot when . . . NO WATER! We are like WTH! What's going on? Did they mess up transfering water in our name at closing and they shut us off? IS that even allowed? We got the number for the water company, and of course they are closed - with a message to call 911. D decided to call the non-emergency number who let us know they are aware of the problem - water main break - and the problem is being worked on with no estimated time of completion. UGH! So, we hung out for a bit - it was nap time anyway, and decided to go out to dinner. After dinner D took the girls to the mall when I went to my meeting only to find when I got there D texted me and said the mall just closed. So I went back to get him and just made it in time to get my stuff set up. My message was on preparing your environment to teach. So I set up a room that was totally wrong. When it was my turn I invited the ladies to go the the class room next door and follow the directions on the board. Then I came in, rushed and frazzled, ignored everyone and quickly ran through a paragraph of the lesson in rapid speed. We then went back to the other room and discussed what was wrong and what can we do to avoid it.
Then we came home and got the kids to bed. The water came back on just as we were leaving. All is back to normal in our household.
What a crazy Sunday - right up there with waking up to no heat on the coldest day of the year.
I think I am going to go to bed now







3 comments:
Sounds like a mess! I hate when things don't work that aren't your fault...like water. It's so frustrating to know you can't do anything about it!
Ugh! It wouldn't post my comment, and then it posted twice! *Sigh*
Post a Comment