We discovered that fireplaces offer more in ambiance then actual warmth. Our living room is a still a fishbowl. The curtains I want is out of stock until the end of the month. Nothing in the dining room yet, because I am contemplating reupholstering my chairs. The fabric has seen better days, and I am tired of what's there. Cheaper to replace the fabric then the whole set. I couldn't find curtains for Naomi's room that I liked and thought would go with her set - solution? I ordered another set of sheets in the full size since she's got 2 windows and I'll make curtains for her.
Things that worked during the walk through, stopped after we moved in. Both the stove and the oven. The igniter on the stove went out so we've been using matches. The stove hasn't turned on since the first time we used it. I suppose you can use a match, but I'd rather NOT! Someone will be out sometime today to fix them. I am kinda hoping they'll replace them, but there is no gaurantee as to what color we get. Not good when I want all of my appliances black. So. we'll see. We'll probably end up replacing them at some point.
Another problem was with the washer hook ups they put in the basement. They got parts typically used for gas lines and tried to use them for water. The sodering job wasn't that great so there was a leak. D tried to fix what they had to no avail. Went down to Lowes who I am sure now know him on a first name basis showed them what he had and was handed the right parts, and was fixed in 20 mins. At least I have a washer again. So aggravating.
We also have to replace all the outlets with 3 prong plugs and I'd like to replace all the outlet and swtich covers to something that doesn't look so old and dated.
Ahh the joys of home ownership. Hopefully it doesn't bury us.
We think all the emergencies are done or will be after today. Then we can start working on the little things.







No comments:
Post a Comment