When is the best time to start playing Christmas Songs? If you ask my husband he will tell you not until December 1st. I, however, disagree with him on this one. I think it's perfectly acceptable to mixing up your everyday listening with Christmas music right after Halloween, with nothing but Christmas music right after Thanksgiving straight on until the day after Christmas and tapering off until New Years Day.
Since my husband doesn't want Christmas songs in the house for a few more weeks, I've decided to put them on my blog. It's been an interesting hunt for songs. Seeqpod doesn't have all my favorites, but they've got a good selection.
It's a rather eclectic mix. From classical to contemporary, serious to silly, old to new, fast beat and slow. But, I've noticed that with a few songs I like the version I listened to as a kid. Like "White Christmas" It just HAS to be Bing Crosby. Then there are other songs well done by many famous artists, like "Santa Baby", that was sung by Eartha Kitt (originally) then by Madonna and Cyndi Lauper. I like Cyndi Lauper's version the best. One of my favorite parody's of "The 12 days of Christmas" is "The 12 Pains of Christmas". I was thrilled they had it, and included it on my list. I love duets and included two duets you wouldn't normally think of. Like Bare Naked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan in "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" and David Bowie and Bing Crosby in "Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy" If only Seeqpod had "Winter Wonderland" by Eurythmics, "Better do it Right" by Smash Mouth, and "'Zat you Santa Claus?" By Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and I'll be set.
I love Christmas music - now if I can only get my dear husband to love it as much as I do. ;)
SeeqPod - Playable Search
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
My hubby gets scroogy aound the holidays and then sings Christmas songs in July - so messed up!
I love Christmas music! I can't wait to decorate for Christmas around here...Thanksgiving day I'll be busy putting all of our stuff up. We have a wedding to attend that weekend and it needs to be done when we get back! Ha!
Post a Comment