You gave us a bit of a worry when you arrived on the scene. You had your cord wrapped around you and you were quite purple. But you were strong and pinked up quickly. Hated to be swaddled, your mom caught the ire from a nurse. But I knew as long as you were warm I wasn't going to restrict your movement.
A problem solver from the beginning, you tried to hold in your pacifier in until it was just too much work and you rejected them.
We didn't know what to make of you - you defied all the baby books. Always ahead of the game. Everyone was charmed by you. It seemed like no one could pass you by without comment. As you grew you continued to amaze us with your brilliance. You were spelling your own name long before most kids your age. You took to all things language. Puzzles were a breeze for you, and we were always wondering what you would do next.
You drove me crazy when you gave up naps much sooner then I would have prefer ed. I was up all the time with your baby sister, and I was so tired - I just wanted you to sleep. Like all children the walls were a perfect canvas for your art, countless hours were spent scrubbing the walls. Thank heavens for the Magic Erasure. Then there was fact you cut your own hair - not once - but twice. Sometimes you drove me nuts. But I will always love you.
I watch how much your little sister looks up to you. She wants to be with you and do everything you do. remember your actions, for she will always be watching.
I don't know where life is going to take you. One day I think you'll be an engineer, the next I am wondering how much Harvard Law is going to cost us. And then out of the blue you announce you are going to be a missionary and then a mommy. I teared up that day. You will be the best missionary and mommy there will ever be.
I am so proud of you and all you've accomplished so far in your 5 years. Remember to be yourself and that mom and dad, and yes even that pesky little sister love you and will always be there for you.
Happy birthday sweety. I put together a collage from the last 5 years. It was hard to pin it down to 30 pictures.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Awww she is so adorable! I remember a lot of those pictures! I also remember when she cut her hair! I thought her bday was yesterday but it's today right? So Happy Birthday Naomi!!!
Lara - yep. It's today. I think because 5 is such a milestone I've been thinking a lot about her and her birth story, etc. Just a lot to write about in 1 day so I broke up her birth story - which started the day before - and my birthday wish to her into two different days.
Post a Comment