Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

It's my 5th election. Yep that really dates me. My first is when Clinton ran for office. It's always good for your ego when the guy you voted for in your first election wins.

  • Today is the last day I will have to mute/ignore all the ugly attack ads on TV.
  • Today we will be glued to the TV watching the returns come in.
  • Today we will hope there is a winner declared before we've gone to bed.
  • Today we will walk down to the polling place with our children so they they will learn early the importance of voting.
I hope everyone who read this today has gone out to vote. All votes do count. Even though the Electoral College decides the president, local elections are won by mere votes.

Happy Election Day!

2 comments:

Donna/Ellie said...

wow that's so cool how you have the results image updating itself and everything! It's weird here - we don't go to poll booths anymore we mail it in ahead of time or drop off our envelopes at drop sites.

And now we wait...

Jenny/Moravia said...

Thanks. . . I thought MSNBC had the best updater so I used that one. That is so weird how they do it in OR - no polling places at all eh?