
So, we've been trying to teach Naomi that when you play Candyland you should take the card from the top. Instead she flips through the cards trying to find the card she wants. Well, over the weekend we got a new one, the old being tattered and the box torn up. When we opened a new one Naomi immediately found the directions. She pointed out that the directions does not say it has to picked from the top.


A year ago we were talking about one of her favorite books. "Duck for President" By Doreen Cronin. I told her farmer Brown was in charge. We argued a bit then she ran to her bedroom and came back with her book, and turned to the page that clearly said "Duck was officially in charge." That proved her point, even though I explained that Duck had turned the farm back over to farmer Brown so that he could run for Governor. In the mind of a three year old that was all that mattered to her. Duck was officially in charge.
She's loves to back up her arguments with the evidence as she can see and comprehend it. Watch out Harvard Law here she comes.







5 comments:
That girl is going to have this most *fascinating* life. I can't wait to see what she becomes!
Haha! She's so cute! It's hard to decide whether their constant arguing is a good thing for their future or a bad thing for now kwim? There is no doubt that she'll become something impressive when she grows up!
P.S. We have that book too! hehe
Thanks ladies,
Part of me can't wait to see what she becomes. The rest of me wants her to stay little. :)
I wonder about the arguing too. I think in the long run it's best for them to know that their feelings and thoughts are respected. I hope her assertiveness will take her far.
Just wait until she's a teenager...
I am cracking up! You have some trouble on your hands, but how wonderful that she is so smart!
Post a Comment