Thursday, December 25, 2008

Another Christmas has Come and Gone

It's been a long day. the girls got up this morning just before 8 am. Naomi went to wake up Sariah - she was just to anxious to open presents, but couldn't until Sariah woke up. They enjoyed ripping open the packages. D bought the girls a Radio Flyer red wagon for Christmas as their big present. Their other big present came from Aunt Emily and Uncle Shane who sent the girls an Easel that has a dry erase board on one side and a chalk board on the other. Add the small things like books, clothes, art supplies, and musical noise makers. Naomi also got new bedding and eventually Sariah will get a new quilt and decor to go with the room I am going to design for them.

We clean up had breakfast and got dressed and the girls and I played with their games (subject of a WHOLE OTHER POST) High Ho Cherry O and Chutes and Ladders. Then we called Grandpa and my family and talked to them for a while. Lunch and then we passed out. I got up after a few hours and started cooking the ham. Then ran back to the town house and picked up a few more things. Mainly from the fridge - our new fridge arrived yesterday afternoon so we could finally move our perishables over. When I got back the kids were up from their naps and they played for a bit. After dinner we called grandma and cleaned up. They played with their art stuff while mommy and daddy tried to hook up the washer and dryer. But the clamp for the dryer vent was missing and the hose to the washer was rusted out. So not until tomorrow will I be able to wash clothes. We aren't lack of anything yet, but I don't think we'll survive the weekend.

Now the kids are in bed. We start out with the girls sleeping together, but Sariah was just too wired and was keeping Naomi from doing her reading. To Naomi went back to her room - this of course does not make Sariah happy. It's going to be a long night.

I Love watching the girls eyes light up when they see their presents but I am glad this day only comes once a year!

Merry Christmas!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

2 comments:

Mel said...

I LOVE the wagon!!

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable pictures! Your girls are just too cute! I am going to have to get one of those easels. And I Love how you had some of your presents set out like that. So cute!