Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chrstmas and the News

I don't know if it was just Utah, but during the Christmas season each local news picked a charity that they partnered with and actively promoted it. KUTV had Salvation Army Angel Tree, KTVX had Toys for Tots and KSL had Quarters for Christmas, I forget what Fox was doing because I seldom if ever watched Fox, so I wasn't exposed to their PSAs enough to remember. But, the local news stations here in central PA I've heard of no such commercials no such pleas for contributions to charity. The only thing I've heard was today - Mark Harmon did a PSA for Toys for Tots and the local CBS news did a segment on local charities. Yep - that's it. I guess it just seemed weird coming from the constant exposure up until now. Most years we've not much to give each other let alone anyone else. This year house buying severely crimped finances a few things for the kids, and late presents sent to family later. I hope that next year we are in a better position to give to a charity. I loved the Angel Tree program they had in Salt Lake. I would like the girls to pick a name off the tree and help me pick out a few things. I think they are the right age and should experience service. They are great girls with big hearts.

Photobucket

No comments: