Since we've have exchanged our dining out habit for a house, it was time to get serious about a menu plan. We've tried this on many occasions, and it works for a while, but we always end up going out to eat. One great thing about the new place is the counter top square footage is much greater then any place we've lived in and the kitchen is large enough that is can accommodate many helpers without feeling claustrophobic. Not to mention my poor nice dinning room table we bought when we were married is just hashed from using it as extra space for food prep. The lack of these things is actually one of the reasons we eat out so much. I just get too claustrophobic that I don't want to cook, D's been working all day and he doesn't want to cook either. So - hmm where shall we eat tonight is the end result. But No MORE. We've sat down and dug out the ole menu plan and came up with 35 of our favorite dishes that we can rotate every month. I also have enough space that I can try making bread and pie dough.
This is also part of our plan to loose weight, no more eating out and making great meals at home we can also control portion. I am thinking we can stick to this plan. Besides, if I get a craving for something I can just look it up on the Internet and see how to make it myself :)
Have I mentioned how much I am going to love my new kitchen? LOL!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
We've started doing this too, and it's absolutely amazing how much money you can save! Plus, it really does help with the weight loss, since you can control how much butter, etc. and other delicious (i.e., fattening) ingredients you include ;)
We still eat out probably 2 times a week, but that's a lot better than when we averaged 5-6 times a week!
Post a Comment