Thursday, December 18, 2008

Self Taught?

Last night Naomi was helping Sariah with her ballet shoes. She said they needed to be tied and she did. I was/am awed. I asked D if he helped her, because I didn't. She only has clogs, boots, and sandals. Then there are her tap and ballet shoes, which she keeps in the car to keep her sister from getting into them. I was thinking of getting her some shoes this summer and helping her practice before she started school. I didn't get a good look at them because Sariah ran off as soon as she did. Then the morning I went down stairs and asked Naomi what she was up to. She said oh just tying sisters ballet shoes. I had her shoe them to me as this time Sariah wasn't wearing them. I am just completely amazed. I asked her who taught her how to tie shoes? She said "No one. I just practiced and practiced. I still need to learn how to tie my tap shoes."

I am thinking she picked it up from Super Why. There is an episode where Princess Pea learns to tie the laces to her skates. Naomi appears to be using the two rabbit ears method, rather then the loop around the loop and through method.

She never ceases to amaze me. Although I am kind bummed I didn't get to teach her. I guess I'll still get to teach her the other method right?

2 comments:

Lara said...

That is so good! I love it when they learn something and you have no clue where it came from!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's impressive! There are so many children who have a really difficult time learning to tie their shoes~ and she learned by herself! She must be really smart!