We've reached an undesirable phase in our house. It's the "I want what she's got" phase.
For a while now Sariah and Naomi have been fighting over Naomi's dance shoes. Problem solved when Naomi needed new ones and passed the old on to Sariah, who LOVES them, even though they are too big for her. Naomi needed new shoes and she wanted another pair of clogs. (She loves wearing clogs) So I ordered her a cute pair from Hanna Andersson's and Sariah turned green with envy. She wanted to know where her's was, and promptly took her sisters when it was discovered there wasn't a pair for her. Man the screaming involved in that one.
Naomi also got a backpack for her birthday from grandma. They fight over that one a lot, as well as daddy's Game Boy Advance. Sariah also thinks Naomi's library is hers, and they've been known to fight over Sariah's things too.
Part of me wants to get two of everything to avoid the fights, but on the other hand they need to learn they don't always get what they want. I seem to recall going through this with my own sisters. I have no hope they'll out grow this phase - only in 12 yrs or so they'll be fighting over the same boy. I am so NOT looking forward to the teenage years.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
You girls are SO cute, fighting and all :) I love all the pictures of them!
Ah the joys of 2 daughters! I will experience pretty soon!
Oh man, I'm glad I've only got one at the moment, but it isn't just because you've got girls...I did the same thing to my older brother, only I was mean. I would make his bed to get HIS nickel, and I didn't make my own, because I didn't care about my nickel. :)
Post a Comment