Have any of you seen this?
Eat this, not that. It breaks down the calories, fat and salt content of favorite fast food, restaurants, supermarket foods etc and offers a healthier alternative. I was alarmed but some of the numbers. No wonder people can't loose weight, even the proclaimed healthy choices are deceptively caloric. Had an Outback cheese fries appetizer lately? 2900 Calories! A peanut butter moo'd at Jamba Juice is 500 calories. The Orange Chicken at Panda Express is 500 calories. It's actually quite disturbing to find out what's in our foods.
For 2009 we plan on eliminating all dining out except for special occasions, like birthdays and our anniversary. Weight loss and exercise are among the New Years resolutions.
2 comments:
oh my goodness!! I bought that book and was totally blown away! Did you see some of the salads too? It was scary how many calories are in them!
Wow! That's great. I look forward to looking more at the calculator. Eating out less sounds like a great idea. We are going to try something like that!
Post a Comment