I spent much of the first part of the year working on my husbands genealogy and met someone also working on it, and we traced D's name to their immigration to Canada. There is lots of work to be done on his dad's side. I hope while we are back east we can go to a few of these places like Erie, NY and Welland Ontario and see if we can find some first hand records and maybe even some cemetery plots.
I got called to 2nd counselor in our wards primary. Being one of 3 women running a primary of about 50 kids isn't too bad. I know of some wards that have primaries of more then 100. Somedays I wonder what I have to bring to the table, but over all I enjoy it.
2008 was also the year (as is every 4 yrs) of great competition. Between the Olympics and the Election, August to November was ANYTHING but boring. My candidate for President won, but my friend lost his reelection to Salt Lake County Council. Naomi and his little girl were in the ad he put out towards the end. Naomi - already involved in the political process at the age of 4.
House hunting is the biggest pain in the neck then I ever thought possible. But, after several months of looking and waiting (for this house to be completed) we finally own our own home.
The girls have grown up so much this year, got smarter, and prettier. I am truly so blessed to have them in my life. They are my little Sunshines.
Who knows what 2009 will bring, but I am sure the title to this post could be applied to the one I write a year from now.







No comments:
Post a Comment