Laundry, I think, is one of those chores I would hire out if I could. It's an all day project (sometimes more, depending on my desire to do it), but you spend most of it waiting. It doesn't help that our dryer isn't the greatest and takes forever for towels to dry. It's crazy how much laundry a family of 4 generates. Every week I do about 10 loads (full loads) whites, light colors, reds, dark colors, jeans, blacks, 2-3 batches of towels, and sheets.
I am good about getting it all done, but sometimes, not so good getting it all put away. Though, lately it's been nice, because Naomi is very good at putting her own clothes away. Sariah will even put hers away too, not nearly as neatly as her sister, but she'll learn.
Laundry is worse than dishes, because at least with dishes you can put them in the dishwasher and keep adding until it's full. You don't need to sort them, if you put a cup on the bottom shelf it's not going to turn your white pink, though based on the material of the cup it might not be useful as a cup anymore. Laundry breeds, I swear it does. Say for example I do not put my laundry away one week, but we've go through the entire pile, basically moving the clean to the dirty hamper. The next week I do laundry, add it too the few items left clean, and there will be A LOT MORE laundry that week then there was the week before. It's crazy but I swear it's true. Someday when I win that lottery or can otherwise afford such luxury, I am going drop off my laundry and have someone else wash and fold. Except our undies of course.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
UHG! I hate laundry!! I don't mind doing it I just hate putting it away. Especially socks with 3 boys. Good luck...I'm attempting mine today!
Post a Comment