This is the front of the house

D wants to replace the patio and add the soffets.
This is the back yard. It's pretty big and it's great that it's fenced. It's a such a big hit with the kids.


I would love to replace the fence with vinyl and do some landscaping.
This is the living room. There was carpet padding glued tight to the floor, but we insisted on refinishing it. The results were worth it IMO.




In the Living Room will have different furniture in it when we get the family room completed downstairs. We need a fireplace mantel and curtains.
The dining room is actually the main reason why we pushed the issue to have the floors refinished. The guy we bought it from wanted to put wall to wall carpet everywhere and I think carpet in the dining room is the STUPIDEST idea ever. So if the dining room has hard wood, why not the living room, the it spread to the entry and hallway. We stopped at the bedrooms. I really like the soft carpet under my feet in the morning.


Not a whole lot of changes to the dining room. Just need to decide what color curtains I am going to add.
Next, we move on into the kitchen. Probably the biggest transformation. There used to be space for a washer and dryer, but we had it moved downstairs. This is where we got to pick the colors. I think it turned out beautiful.






So, while the kitchen is gorgeous it's missing some practicality. We need some cupboards by the dishwasher so you can put dishes away w/o having to walk to the other side of the kitchen. Not terrible fixes. I am thinking of putting in a small dinette set for breakfast in the morning. We also want to put in tile floors. This was the only floor we got to pick from that would actually match the cupboards and counters - BUT! My floor ALWAYS looks dirty. HATE IT!
Moving on to the bedrooms. They were pink or blue and just ugly beyond all reason. I didn't get a good picture of the master bedrooms before shot, but it looked like the other two rooms.










In the girls bedrooms I am going to put up chair rail, and pain the bottom portion black and in Noami's room I'll do pink and white stripes and in Sariah's room I am going to do pink and white harliquin and stencil scottie dogs. It's the theme I decided to go with in her room. This is based of the pink scottie dog that is currently her favorite. In our room I am I think I will paint it a cream color.
The bathrooms were a mess when the remodel was started and now that they are "done" I am still not happy with them. They were hastily completed and boy does it show. You just can't see it in the pictures. I am a master of room disguise. There are only 2 things I like about the bathrooms - 1 in each. The Vanity they put in the hall bathroom is gorgeous, but they ruined it by keeping the ugly medicine cabinet and light. A new bath surround, but the tub is stained beyond CLR. In the master bath the shower area has a 3ft tub. I think it's great - less change for water getting out. D on the other hand doesn't like it. Anyway - both rooms will need to be redone.








Another thing we'd like to do is replace the doors w/ white 6 panels. I think it would finish the upstairs perfectly.
This is the basement. It needs a lot of work. We were going to put the couch and tv down there, but decided at the last minute to leave it pretty bare (except for the corner area that has become the girls play room) We are going to gut it and pretty much start over first we need to drylock the perimeter, then insulate and drywall. Then put in new recessed lighting and laminate wood floors. Laminate I've read is best for a basement prone to moisture. We are hoping the drylock will solve most of that problem. Just before we get ready to move we'll covert the play area in to a bar area for resale. There will be a 4th bedroom and if we can swing it a 1/2 bath as well.



Well - there's the tour. It needs a lot of work still, but I think the basement is going to look awesome when we are done w/ it. Also - can't complain too much what we got for the price was huge bargain. Future pictures of what we've done to come.







10 comments:
Jenny, I love the new house!! I also love the wood floors...seriously who would cover those up with carpet? I can't wait to see what you do with the place!!
Great job!! I don't understand people who cover up beautiful wood with carpet either. I totally agree on the bathroom vanity/mirror issue. Also the kitchen transformation is fabulous!!
The kitchen is so great! It looks like you are going to have fun fixing up your home. Good call on the hard wood floors. Cant see what you are going to do next.
Looks amazing. I love love the kitchen. looks great. Congratulations, and what a great Christmas Gift. and a start to the new year.
Jenny, the kitchen looks great! I am jealous of the backyard, it is HUGE!!
Love the wood floors! The kitchen looks terrific!
What a transformation! It looks fabulous! Congratualations~ I know you were super excited to get moved in!
Thanks for all the comments ladies. I agree the kitchen earns best of show with the floors coming in 2nd place.
Wow! Everything looks great. I love how big the kitchen is! CONGRATULATIONS again! I know how nice it is to feel a little more settled!
Wow, very nice! It's really a nice improvement. :)
Post a Comment