Monday, December 22, 2008

Frozen Solid

The girls and I slept rather warm last night, but the rest of the house was extremely cold. The high today 26! We had to get out of there. I called D to come back and get us. I threw clothes on the kids and when he got here out the door we flew. I dropped D back off at work and we went back to our old place to get a few things and we hung out at the Mall play area until we got word of when the Oil guy was going to bring us heat. Luckily we weren't there too long and we met him at the house just before 11 am. When he was done and got heat moving through the house I decided to go shopping. The few moments between car and store sounded preferable to sitting in a freezing cold house WHILE it heated up. When we got back around 2:30 it was nice and comfortable and the girls went right to sleep (actually Sariah fell asleep on the way home).

It is so nice to have heat again. Now I can get some stuff done. It's impossible to unpack when you are frozen stiff on the couch. I think I may be getting too old, between the cramped sleeping arrangements and the teeth chatting cold I am so sore and achy.

Photobucket

No comments: